Welcome to Learn with Lockwood’s, My name is Heather Lockwood and I’ve been a fully qualified driving instructor working in Chelmsford and the surrounding area for over 6 years. When the DVSA checked my teaching methods they marked me within the top 15% of instructors in the country. Since then I have taken and passed the Btec level 4 coaching for driver development which helps to maintain stress free learning, teaching pupils in the way they learn best.
My aim is to make lessons enjoyable and stress free and not only to provide you with the best chance of passing your test first time but to teach you to be a safe driver for life.
Covering Chelmsford and the surrounding areas
All lessons are conducted in a high specification Ford Fiesta ecoboost (manual)
Discounts available for block bookings
Refer a friend and receive a free hour’s lesson when they have booked and paid for a block of 10 hours with Learn with Lockwood’s School of Motoring.
I learnt to drive with Heather! She really was amazing! She was so patient with me and explain everything so well! I would recommend her to everyone and anyone !
My daughter learnt to drive with Heather. Not only is she lovely, but also patient, professional and does not waste your time. Highly recommended!! (Passed first time also!!)
Very kind and patient, passed first time and gave excellent feedback on how I could improve – couldn’t recommend more!
- You must be of legal age to drive and produce a valid UK/Northern Ireland provisional category B driving licence. If an older paper licence is held, then you must also produce a valid passport as photographic identification.
For Motorway or Refresher lessons a full valid licence must be produced with identification as above.
You must meet the minimum eye test requirements, which means you must be able to read a standard UK approved number plate at a minimum distance of 20.5 metres (67 feet). If you need to wear glasses or contact lenses in order to meet this requirement then you must wear them whenever you drive.
- You must notify your instructor of any change of your ability or entitlement to have driving tuition, for example your provisional licence has been revoked or for medical reasons such as epilepsy.
- If you wish to cancel a lesson, a minimum of 24 hours notice must be given. Failure to give 24 hours notice will the result in the lesson(s) having to be paid for. Lessons can be cancelled by telephone or text message but must be acknowledged by your Instructor.
- If your Instructor turns up on time at the pre-arranged pick up point and you do not show, your Instructor will wait 10 minutes, if there is no contact made between you and the Instructor, they will leave and you will have to pay for the lesson.
- Your Instructor will endeavour to arrive on time however, due to unforeseen circumstances such as breakdown, accidents, traffic hold ups etc, lesson times may need to change or even be cancelled. If cancelled by your Instructor, no fee will be charged.
- Lessons must be paid for in advance or at the time of the lesson by cash, bank transfer or cheque. Your instructor will advise you to whom the cheque should be made payable.
- You must not be under the influence of drugs/alcohol during the training. In the event of there being any signs of drugs/alcohol misuse, Learn with Lockwoods will withhold the use of the training vehicle for use of tuition or driving test until the pupil is in a legal and fit state to drive. Any prescribed medication that may effect your driving should be declared to Learn with Lockwoods and to the DVLA medical board.
Should the pupil fail to reach a satisfactory standard of driving and is likely to be a danger to other road users, or is in an unfit condition through substance or alcohol abuse as described above, the ADI has a responsibility to the DVSA examiners not to allow the use of the training vehicle for the purpose of the driving test. This is in the interest of the pupil, the examiner and other road users and is a precautionary safety measure. DVSA guidelines do not allow for a pupil to take a practical test just for the experience.
- No responsibility can be taken for tests cancelled by the DVSA for whatever reason. Lessons will have to be paid for but can be claimed back from the DVSA. The Instructor cannot be responsible if you fail the eyesight test. Your Instructor will be responsible if the test is cancelled due to the condition of the tuition vehicle.
9. CCTV may be used to record the front and rear outside view of the vehicle. Audio sound may also be recorded. If you would rather this is not used, please advise your instructor to turn it off
In the unlikely event you have any complaints regarding Learn with Lockwood’s please contact me:
2 Margaret Woods Farmhouse
Margaret Woods Rd
Or via email Heather@learnwithlockwoods.co.uk
If after having been through our complaints procedure you still feel your matter is unresolved, you can take up the matter with the DVSA Registrar of Approved Driving Instructors by writing to:
Driving Standards Agency
PO Box 280